« Little cat feet | Main | Why education is like medicine... »

We're thinking about "Sancho"

paytoncrop.jpg

We've never been particularly thrilled with the name "Payton." It's ok, but not something we would have ever chosen for ourselves.

I was thinking about names again last night, and thought of "Sancho," as in Sancho Panza. Scott kind of okayed it, but I'm having second thoughts this morning. Is he a Sancho? And if so, who does that make Quixote?

He's really kind of a "D'artangnan" kind of character (but try getting the vet's office to spell that correctly); completely good at heart, but occasionally goofy and/or destructive without meaning to be. He seems to be a sidekick or supporting actor, rather than a lead figure, so Sancho works on all those levels.

Uhh...writing from a vet's office--how bout YOU spell that right. It's D'Artagnan.

How about Hercule Poirot's sidekick Hastings?
Or Marshall Dillon's sidekick Chester?
Or Nero Wolfe's sidekick Archie Goodwin?

how about watson?

i have very bad memories of being on the set construction crew of a production of man of la mancha. did you know paint could rot? anyhow, i agree with the bumbling sidekick character - he is that- but i am not a fan of sancho.

Yeah, she ruled Pancho Villa clean out!!

He doesn't look like a Sancho, but I haven't met him yet. How about "The Yellow D'art" (sorrz, StrongBad reference)!

what happened there?

Sancho's good. Although you could just use a nickname like D'art for D'artangnan. I do think he looks more like a Sancho though.