« I-Fri: Mischief 3 | Main | Platypus pix finally up »

Exhibition at a Dogpark: I-Fri - Nourishment

May 18 Edit: I've decided to make this entry my Illustration Friday entry for this week as well. Not only is the dog park nourishing for my kids, but it's also the best place I can go to relieve any stress or negativity I may have. It truly nourishes my soul.

Now back to your regularly scheduled May 15th entry:

I've been taking my camera to the dog parks recently. Someone in the Twin Cities had posted a flyer advertising their dog park painting. Rather than buying someone else's version, I thought I'd try one of my own; hence, taking the camera. I've gotten some really cute pictures of dogs interacting at the park to work from. The best part is that we actually know a lot of these dogs. I don't yet have a canvas big enough to do what I want with it, but here are some previews of what could be included. The link under each painting will take you to the original photo.

zoe-dish-paint.jpg

Zoe in the water dish

remy-wilbur-paint.jpg

Remy and Wilbur

moe-dachshund-paint.jpg

Moe and dachshund

multi-dog-paint.jpg

Angel, Dove, Wendell and border collie

These are all really good! I like Zoe & water dish best though! :)

Your paintings are great! You really get the perspective and proportions down... I am jealous because I have PPDD: Perspective Proportion Deficit Disorder.
I love the dog park too!
I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Carolyn

Cool! Your drawing of Zoe in the water dish looks like Lena in the supper dish. I hope you can get some good pictures of my puppies when you are here!