« memory lane | Main | Road Rules »

Dreaming of work

Am I still alive? Yes, barely. June is our busiest month here in the office, as we orientate the mass of the incoming freshman class. And my office tends to be the busiest, as health science interest is sky-rocketing (I had one student tell me that s/he wanted to go to med school because s/he wanted a career that made a lot of money....once in med school, s/he planned to specialize in plastic surgery). My poor mother, who depends upon things like my blog to know that I'm still alive, has been frantically calling area hospitals to make sure I haven't suffered any major trauma.

Anyway, so I dreamt about work last night. Not my current job, but my new job. Oh, did I say that out loud? Yes, I have at long last landed a new position here at the U. It's a huge raise* and a promotion. I'll be working in the same college as the Brain** as Associate Program Director for PSEO (post-secondary education opportunity). These are among the best and brightest of high school students who are able to take classes at the U for college credit, an opportunity I never had.

* (over $10,000 more than my current salary, and still over $7,000 more than the raise I just got here---and you know what? the position requirements were exactly! the same!!)

** (Pinky: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? Brain: Same thing we do every night...try to take over the world!)

Congrats! Giant piles of cash sure are nice, no?

WOW!!!

Yay, Danielle! That's great! When do you start?