« Black Hills Dogs | Main | Visit from Friends »

Late May Conference

So every year since I started as an adviser I've been attending the National Academic Advisers (NACADA) Regional conferences. Region 6 is kind of a mixed bag; we're North/Central, but Wisconsin gets to be part of the Great Lakes region.

Anyway, the first year I went, I presented with a then-colleague and we won best in region for our presentation. We didn't know that was even a possibility, which made winning all that much sweeter. The rewards were automatic admission to the National conference + a scholarship for the registration fee.

The second year, Jon and I presented the same material as part of a pre-conference workshop, which are not eligible for best of region awards.

The third year, I wasn't planning to present anything at all, but ended up filling a spot for someone in my office who took another job. Not my presentation at all, and it didn't win.

This year, in Iowa City, a former colleague from my previous job and I presented, and we won best of region. My second time. So now we get to go to Indianapolis for the National conference in October. Just a little horn tootin'. :-)

I will search for the person who has the ideals of Bruce and Crokett and do my best to send them to Washington.

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he really purchased me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.

I was looking for crucial data on this subject. The information was vital as I'm about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for providing a missing hyperlink in my business. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

Wonderful learn, I just handed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he really bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

Howdy, i learn your weblog sometimes and that i personal an analogous one and i was simply wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any assistance may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

Have you ever thought of including a bit bit more than just your ideas? I mean, what you say is important and everything. However its bought no punch, no pop! Possibly in the event you added a pic or two, a video? You can have such a more highly effective weblog if you let individuals SEE what youre talking about as a substitute of just reading it. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

Gee whiz!!! Great job! So you toot your own horn too? Nothing wrong with that.