Finished Object: Hypoteneuse
I just finished my second large shawl, the Hypoteneuse, pattern by Anne at Knitspot. I used Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool (my favorite yarn in the whole world), and I made the shawl bigger and longer than the pattern called for.
While not showing the whole thing, this picture shows the truest colors:
The majority of the shawl is in the lighter green in this picture. I hadn't intended to put the strip of blue in, but I ran out of the dark green and thought the blue would add interest.
The opposite side has a lighter green yet:
I didn't take a close-up of the other side with the light green. Originally, I thought the whole shawl out of the main color might be a little too much. So I got the brown and light green for a spot of difference. But I didn't want to make the sides exactly the same.
I'm really enjoying it. I don't know exactly how big it is, but it's quite large. I'm not going to block it because a) it will be WAAAYYYY too big if I block it, and b) the silky wool blocks beautifully but spreads the stitches and I'm afraid it will decrease the warmth a little.