Searching for the perfect pattern
UPDATE: The yarn is indeed Harmony from Jojoland, color C02. Click on the "harmony" link in the previous sentence to see the variety of colors in this gorgeous yarn.
I bought a beautiful skein of laceweight yarn this past weekend. It's from JoJoland (I think it's Harmony, but I'll have to double-check when I get home tonight). It's simply too gorgeous to not have the perfect pattern for it, so I'm hoping the wonderful world of the online tubes can help me out. I don't know if I have enough readers (in fact, I know I don't) to really run a contest, but run one I will (encourage your friends). Prizes are yet to be determined: if you have a blog and leave your URL, I might even make the prizes a surprise based on your blog entries....
Here are my specifics:
- must be a lace knitting project, beginner to advanced intermediate (I can probably figure out difficult patterns, but I want to at least enjoy working with the pattern)
- I'm thinking it will probably be a scarf/shawl/stole, but I'd be open to other considerations
- for scarves/shawls/stoles I prefer rectangles or squares, but I've seen some stunning circles, and if the pattern is right, I'll use it regardless of shape
- pattern needs to work well with wonderful varigation in a range of blues and greens and browns (I'm waiting to see a completed Mystery Stole 3 before I consider that pattern)
- in order to consider your pattern selection for prizes, I'd need to see some version of a finished product, preferably one that shows detail
- I'd prefer not to purchase an entire book for one pattern, but if that's the only way to get The Perfect Pattern, I'll do it
- since I'll be away from email for a while, I think August 10 would be a good closing deadline. Either post your suggestion in comments, or email me at dtisinger [at] gmail [dot] com.
Anyway, ideas gladly welcomed. And since my poor little blog has so few readers, if you might happen to mention this to others who might have some ideas, I'd be much grateful.