« Dog Years | Main | good thing I didn't [UPDATED] »

Dogs on Thursday: Here, yet Not Here

I'm finally remembering to post for DoT, but I can't do the post I want to! Argh. I actually do have pix of the kids. Action pix, even. But they are at home and, alas, I am not. I may update this today, but if I don't, I'll save them for next week.

In the meantime, here is a comic strip for you (click it for a larger version):

couch dog.gif

This seems par for the course for great danes. Our little Remy girl (golden retriver) will curl into a ball, will sleep on the floor, will fit all of herself onto my lap. Payton, on the other hand, wants his couch room. He usually lays on his side with his four paws hanging off the edge of the couch. Photographer Erin Vey has a lovely picture of her great dane's "bouqet of limbs" hanging off the couch. (Check out the rest of her site for some great canine shots....) The most fun part about the legs hanging off is when he dreams...the legs start running. I call them "twitchy toes."

Roscoe is only a normal sized Jack Russell but he can take up about as much room on a sofa as the dog in your cartoon. When he really tries, we've measured him just shy of three feet long.

Jasper doesn't sprawl too much when he sleeps. He does, however, sleep-bark (little "oof-off" with a closed muzzle) and sleep-growl. It totally cracks us up. :)

Charlotte just gives you the 'here i come' look and then does. They are funny when they start running and yipping in their sleep aren't they??

Hehehe. Jackjack just stares at you until you make room for him. He runs the house. Abby just squeezes in where she finds room.

Hope you are having a great day!!