« Get back lost time* | Main | Puppy Mills on Oprah »

Dogs on Thursday: Namaste Weekend*

Over the vernal equinox weekend, we went up north the a cabin on Lake Superior. We rented the house with a bunch of friends (5 couples in all), and our kids got to join us. These are two pictures that E, our friend and organizer, took. There are more in the series, but I don't have them scanned in...these are just poor photos of the developed prints. Her photos are simply gorgeous, and these images do not reflect the beauty of the actual pictures.

Click these to view them larger (and E really did have the exposure right...the darkness is my "picture of a picture" attempt"). I chose these two because I love the action shot of Remy and the tongue on Payton.

snowremy.gif

snowpayton.gif

* The house was called Namaste. I didn't realize that until we got up there and saw the sign--every time E had sent out messages about "Namaste weekend," I thought she was just referring to relaxing. :-) I've got my pictures of the weekend up on my Flickr account; the other dog in the pictures is Baker, E and J's pup. The ones of Baker curled up on his daddy's lap are some of the cutest things we saw the whole weekend.

I enjoyed seeing the photos of your doggies and frozen Lake Superior. We have a vacation home on the southern shore of this wonderful lake, but we live 1,000 miles away and never go in the winter.

Remy & Payton look like they are having a ball! What wonderful pics. Glad you all had fun.

Love, love, love the shot of Remy in the snow~!
We are so jealous. We had NO snow this year.

What a cool place!
Great name for a retreating weekend!
I love the pics of your dogs in the snow they sure are having a blast!

What a cool place!
Great name for a retreating weekend!

What a cool place!
Great name for a retreating weekend!

Fantastic action shots of dogs in the snow! Glad they're enjoying it. Me? I'm ready for spring

:)