Pictures to come at some point.
I actually (finally) finished a Clapotis last night. Why not? After all, everyone else is doing it. I had bought 4 skeins of Cascade on sale at Crafty Planet, so decided to use those. And I followed the pattern (more or less). So I knew it would be bigger than the finished dimensions, just because I used larger yarn.
But, as others have noted, the pattern does get a little boring. Good mindless knitting, but boring nonetheless. I also discovered that I purl funky, which actually twists my stitches. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but the pattern calls for a series of twisted and untwisted stitches. It still works reversed, but there are definite problems, most notably in the rows of stitches that border the drops. They don't hold tightly together because they are non-twisted when they're supposed to be twisted. Not necessarily a problem, but definitely different.
The other issue is that I got so bored, I missed a crucial point in the pattern when starting the decreases. I was sort of able to backtrack and recover, but the end result is that my final shawl is not a rectangle shape. It's mostly rectangle, but the final short edge dissolves into a point rather than a nice edge.
Overall, it's not that bad. I like the weight of the worsted, and I like the colors. The yarn was very splitty, which got irritating, but I survived that. I may even venture another one at some point (I started it because I needed mindless knitting), but I think if I do, I'll figure out how to purl correctly for the pattern and use a yarn closer to the pattern's recommendation.