Dogs on Thursday: Toshiba on 4/1

I loved Toshiba's April Fool's entry this year (or maybe every year...I don't keep up with these things):

Toshiba-PetBook-K9-1.gif
(click the image to go to the full webpage, though I don't know how long it will be there)

Toshiba-PetBook-K9-2.gif Toshiba-PetBook-K9-3.gif

The Petbook includes delicious rawhide casings and bark2txt options.

Twittered

I did it. I twittered. Username: dtisinger. I don't promise anything, but there you have it.

New Widget

Just under the "Categories" link on the right sidebar, you'll see a new Widget. It lists the headlines from one of my daily blog reads, Rolling Dog Ranch Blog. And oh, how appropriate is the term "widget" for this blog, as one of their pups is names Widget. One of the stories about her is the top post for today, October 1. But if you go to the blog (and/or the sanctuary home page), you'll be sure to find a lot of info about little Widget. She has quite the personality.

Computer Wallpapers

I just found the best site for free computer desktop wallpapers: Vladstudio. Currently you could have a new wallpaper every day of the year. Some are holiday themed, some are landscapes, some are abstracts.

This is the one I currently have at work:

vladstudio_stountt.jpg

But here are some of the others I really like (click to see any of them larger):

vladstudio_aquarium.jpg vladstudio_aquarium2.jpg vladstudio_blueseadragon.jpg vladstudio_deepsiberia2.jpg vladstudio_googlelibrary.jpg vladstudio_winterforest.jpg

The Vladstudio site is packed with all sorts of fun stuff. You can have posters made of any of the wallpapers, or send them as e-cards. He's also provided several tutorials, and a wallpaper companion that will automatically randomly choose a wallpaper for your computer.

(link via kimbooktu)

Blog as Graph

Here is a pretty picture of my blog as a graph:

blogasgraph.gif

You can create your own pretty pictures with any website. (found on Mason-Dixon Knitting) It could be a pretty embroidery with the picture then the URL if one wanted.

Color legend:

blue: for links (the A tag)
red: for tables (TABLE, TR and TD tags)
green: for the DIV tag
violet: for images (the IMG tag)
yellow: for forms (FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT and OPTION tags)
orange: for linebreaks and blockquotes (BR, P, and BLOCKQUOTE tags)
black: the HTML tag, the root node
gray: all other tags

Blog page design

Just a reminder, at the bottom of the left side bar are links to the books I am currently reading (I try to update at least every other book or so....). I've also just added a banner link to weatherunderground that shows sun and moon rise and set times for Mpls...pretty cool.

Slideshow Technology

I'd been thinking about putting my Sanibel pictures into powerpoint for the slideshow capabaility, but here are some other options. Has anyone tried any of these, know anything better, or have other suggestions?

Picasa 2 from Google

Gallery

imagevuex

Simple Viewer

The Best Use of Blog...

...is creating an entry for the sole purpose of storing information I don't want to forget.

I ran across this guide to using PhotoShop to create counted cross-stitch patterns. I wonder if any of the Sanibel pictures will work.

I'll stick with bananas

My friend Dan draws our attention this Strib review of the iPod Shuffle. (And if it weren't for Dan, I might not have ever even heard about this new little gizmo designed to make you think you need something new.) Andy is lusting over the Shuffle right now as well. (I suspect that if he came within 25 feet of an Apple Store, he wouldn't be able to escape it's draw.)

While my old MP3 player doesn't come with the hard disk storage space of the iPod (although it's quite a bit older and it does have a significant amount of storage space for its time), I can still put it on random mode and have all the tunes I want shuffled. No, it's not the size of a stick of gum, and no, it doesn't have the "coolness" factor that iPods currently do, but I guess I just don't need one more of that type of little gizmo.

New-or-something-fangled technology

Well, I've sort of got the colors on One Day where I want them, though figuring out exactly which code goes with which small piece of web page was rather difficult. And even though the graphic isn't showing properly yet, I do have my link to Amazon.com working. Click in the small box with the red X at the bottom of the left sidebar.

This means that I have registered as an Amazon.com associate, so any books you buy through this web page will go into my "quarterly" or so report. I may or may not ever make any money off of it, but hey, what the heck.

------

Approximately 10 minutes later.....

I might have actually figured out how to fix the problem. It seems to work now, though there's no telling how it will work on someone else's computer. But, at least I've done something that was on my previous list....