« Blog Prompt #2 | Main | Blog Prompt #4 »

Blog Prompt #3

GOAL 1: eradicate extreme poverty and hunger

"Without food, man can live at most but a few weeks; without it, all other components of social justice are meaningless." -- Norman Borlaug
"Hunger makes a thief of any man." -- Pearl S. Buck
"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that." -- Norman Vincent Peale
"The poor are poor because the rich are rich." -- Author Unknown

Better People - India Arie
There's Hope - India Arie
Upside Down - Trevor Morgan
Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

hunger.jpg hunger2.jpg

The photographs really tug at my heart and tell me that I really need to do something about the hunger and poverty going on in impoverished areas. The quotes kind of reflect my opinion on how selfish we are that we aren't taking bigger steps to overcome this world issue. Most of the songs I chose are taking an inspirational outlook on the situation and are saying that we need to wake up and help. By helping the hungry and the poor, we can turn their world's upside down.

GOAL 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases

“AIDS is the biggest challenge, the major disaster facing this country and we would have wished for something more specific and far-reaching.? -- Mangosuthu Buthelezi
“AIDS and malaria and TB are national security issues. A worldwide program to get a start on dealing with these issues would cost about $25 billion... It's, what, a few months in Iraq.? -- Jared Diamond
“They've lived through cholera, malaria and AIDS is a big problem. Everybody who goes on a mission is changed is in some way. You think you go to help others, but we grow and God changes our own hearts.? – Bruce Lowe

The News - Jack Johnson
Seasons of Love - Rent
I Choose - India Arie
Colored People - DC Talk

AIDS1.jpg
malaria.jpg malaria2.jpg

I chose these pictures because they show how drastic Africa needs aid for AIDS and malaria. It is such a huge problem there compared to everywhere else. The songs I chose are just about coming together as a nation and helping everyone because we're all brothers and sisters, not matter what we look like. If we don't have enough money or enough food or anything...we can at least love. I chose these quotes because they show how terrible these diseases have gotten and how easy it is for us to help. We just have to be willing enough.