First Week Live

Last week was the first week that the other PRC's and I started actually working with students (or at least we were available to do so)! On Wednesday I was in the SMART Learning Commons in Walter Library. Jody took Tony, another PRC, and myself on a small tour of the facility and to MCAE to that we could get situated. Unfortunately, I did not have any students that approached me for assistance, but I hope that will change in the future.
Wednesday at MCAE and Thursday at Wilson produced similar results. Although i didn't help any students with peer research advising, all of the other tutors were very busy and I helped a student or two with physics. This gave me an opportunity to practice my communication skills with students, which will also be necessary when students seek help with their research papers. It will be interesting to see if this week will be different from the last in regards to the number of students helped!

This page contains a single entry by maldo019 published on October 19, 2009 1:52 PM.

Roving Training was the previous entry in this blog.

First student...kind of. is the next entry in this blog.