« Yo Yo now everything is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang | Main

What's up with all the wazungu...?

I'm sitting in London now. I've left Kenya. There was no time to write any futher updates.

In short, the power connection and some basic restoration was a great success. As it was noted by one of my coworkers and friend Ceso, "Ben, you've done in months what would have taken years. We feel very good about what has happened and we want to keep working as a team in the future."

I will be doing further work with the House of Courage to set up fundraising possibilities through U.S. avenues. More on that too come, how you will be able to learn more about the organization and how you can help.

For now I'm in London...and I think I'm starting to get some culture shock. I haven't seen so many Westerners in over 2 months. As the title suggests what is up with all the wazungu?

It's also to clean here. I need a burning trash heap for comfort.

Karibu Ben,

How anxious I am for the evening to arrive and see you home again! The blog has been an excellent means of communication but I am eager to hear your narratives in person.

It appears that you have helped make a change that progress implacably requires with the power connection. It’s the human connections you have made through the House of Courage with which I am equally impressed. I know you will keep up an alliance with the group and will canvass support where ever you are able.

We are all eager to hear of your Kenyan quest.

Be safe,

Love,

Dad