New Research on Ads in Magazine iPad Editions Strengthens Publishers' Case

http://adage.com/article/media/magazines-ipad-ads-work-print-research/149229/

This was an interesting article because it explains the findings from a research study that shows that advertisements in magazines were more likely to be seen on an iPad versus print form. I thought this is was interesting because I feel like the findings would be opposite. I feel like people are so used to the internet and avoiding advertisements online that we are trained not to look at them. We are a generation so accustomed to the internet and pop-up ads and ads everywhere on the computer screen. Plus, in a magazine the advertisements are larger and more interesting to look at. The internet is so interactive, people usually don't want to be looking at a big advertisement. Ads in the iPad edition generated 21% higher recall than ads in the print edition which I thought was substantially higher.