The decline of marriage and rise of new families

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2010/11/18/the-decline-of-marriage-and-rise-of-new-families/

This survey shows the demographic trend of public opinion on topics dealing with families and marriages from 1960-2008. This is really interesting to show how the population and their values have changed over time. The report shows visuals (pie charts, bar graphs, line graphs) to give the audience a picture of the changing opinions. I think the visuals add a lot to the quality of the report because it gives me a better feel for the numbers since there are a lot of statistics for this study.
It's really interesting to see how societies opinions are changing and to be able to look back at a snippet of time and see what the public opinions were then. I think one of the most dramatic changes noted was the number of child births to unmarried women increased from 5% in 1960 to 41% in 2008. I wonder what sparked the steep change of opinion.