What You Can Learn From the Government's Wasted Research Investment

http://adage.com/article/small-agency-diary/lessons-government-s-wasted-research-investment/228518/

I thought this article was funny because I can't believe that the government would waste so much money on such an obvious observation. Clearly, much of today's work environment sits at a desk all day and combined with the typical American's terrible eating habits it will cause weight gain. This is something we talked about in class which was to not waste your time researching something that has already been researched or something that does not need research because it is obvious. However, it does not surprise me that the government spend time and money on something as stupid as this instead of fixing the problem directly with that money. The millions of dollars that were spend on discovering American's weigh more now than they did in the 1960's would have been better spent on finding a solution to this problem.