Will Social Media Replace Surveys as a Research Tool?

http://adage.com/article/news/p-g-surveys-fade-consumers-reach-brands-social-media/149509/

This article caught my eye because it seems like this generation is obsessed with social media. I think it is interesting the way social media has changed so much in the world we live today. It's interesting to see marketing techniques being carried out through social media and its cool to see how much one can monitor on social media.

It's interesting to me that Procter & Gamble Co. would think that research surveys will become obsolete in the near future because information can be found on social media. I look forward to see how social media will change in the next decade and what will be the next fascination. I feel like research surveys will never become too 'old-fashioned' though because they are such a classic way of gathering information. I don't think that it is something that can be replaced by social media.