Mom regularly gave daughter, 12, heroine

By Laura Marrinan
MINNEAPOLIS - A 12-year-old girl was hospitalized in Minneapolis for drug withdrawal after her mother regularly gave her heroine, the Star Tribune reported on Monday.

Investigators said the mother admitted to smoking the drug with her daughter three times a day because they liked doing the same things, the Associated Press reported.

Rebecca Rachelle Hill, 37, of Maple Grove, told police she regularly gave the girl heroin and marijuana and brought her along on shoplifting trips, reported the Star Tribune.

Hill was arrested on Oct. 14 for allegedly shoplifting at the Mall of America in Bloomington, according to the Associated Press.

"I've been working narcotics for two years, and this was one of the worst ones I've dealt with," Bloomington Police Detective Christopher Yates told the Star Tribune. "I've seen cases with kids involved, but never where the mother was ever actually getting the kid high."

She was charged with felony child endangerment, second-degree drug sale and motor vehicle theft, according to the Associated Press.