Assignment 7

Pugh Chart:

Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 8.42.40 AM.png

The party dreidel and candle wax forms were tied for top idea after making my pugh chart. I initially really wanted to go with the candle wax forms idea, but thinking more about it decided to go with the party dreidel. While I think the candle wax forms can be more exciting because it is so unique, it is harder to communicate in a pitch. Further, while talking to another Jew about these ideas the point was brought up that Hanukkah candles need to burn out to maintain the significance of the holiday. I hadn't thought of this before, myself not being very Jewish. Reusing the candles into wax forms may counter this. So Party Dreidel it is! Now for a new name...

I couldn't come up with any other name that encompassed all of the functions of this dreidel. All I could keep thinking of was how much better this dreidel is compared to what is already on the market so I think it's fair to call it...THE ULTIMATE DREIDEL

Here's the pic of my final idea with the new name:

Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 10.03.27 AM.png

Elevator Pitch Practice:

Movie on 12-11-13 at 10.21 AM.mov

Sophie, I think that your video was clear and to the point. Opening with the explanation of how the Dreidel game is played was useful.

I was surprised that the Walleye Tank were unfamiliar with it. I thought that your poster made it clear that there was a game being played, even if one was unfamiliar with it. The price difference between a wooden Dreidel and an electronic one is to be expected. Since this is a party game that would be used over multiple years, it seems appropriate.

Speaking of the poster, it looked terrific. The color palette was fun, and the line work was strong. This was one of the more advanced poster designs from the presentation yesterday.

I really like your idea, especially how there's the teaching component added on for beginners! It's hard to believe there's not already something like this on the market, it's definitely a fun and useful alternative to a basic dreidel. Like James, I was surprised the Walleyes weren't familiar with the game, I thought it was so common! All in all, it was a great presentation and concept, the only thing now is making sure you could get it to actually light up properly!