Avatar: Tara

The avatar project had the class thinking about creating a virtual version of themselves. These representations did not specifically have to look anything like our actual physical beings, but should represent ourselves in some aspect. The parameters of the assignment specified that the avatar have some sort of distinguishable feature such as an article of clothing.

I chose to depict myself quite literally mostly because I don't feel the need to present an "alternative me" to the world. Referencing a photograph of myself, I made a digital drawing using Adobe Illustrator.

72resAvatar No Color.jpg

Then added color using the live paint tool.

72resAvatar Color.jpg

I then pulled the image into Adobe Photoshop and used the burn tool to add shading and dimension to the image.

72resAvatar Shading.jpg

I am pleased with the outcome for this assignment in that I was surprised by how much I was able to accomplish with my limited knowledge with the software. However, since the final format for the assignment required a printed 10" x 10" headshot, the coloring in particular doesn't look quite right on the screen. Overall though I thought that this was a good jump-start assignment and I look forward to working on my Digital Focus pieces.

This page contains a single entry by mathi208 published on January 28, 2010 1:21 PM.

Personalized Products was the previous entry in this blog.

Proposition is the next entry in this blog.