Last Blog to Pheng and Asia

Thank you both for responding to my blogs. I really appreciate you both participating. I hope you both had a great thanksgiving and have a wonderful christmas. If i were to give you one good piece of advice for school i would tell you both set your goals high, write them down on a piece of paper, and strive for your goals every day.

Posted by at at 11:11 AM

to students

How is school going now? Is your quarter almost over for the semester? Are you excited for thanksgiving? I'm going home for thanksgiving I'm pretty excited.

Posted by at at 11:43 AM

Response to Pheng and Asia

I like school alot here at the Universtity of Minnesota. A cool thing about being in college is that you get alot of idependence. I like the we can pick our own classes, and there's tons of people that you can make friends with. Yes, I do like living on a farm. It's alot of hard work, but at the same time it's still pretty fun. I have cows, cats, and dogs on my farm.

Are you guys involved in any sports? If so what sports are they?

Posted by at at 11:16 AM

To the students of Lincoln

My name is Nathan Matousek. I grew up in Glencoe, Minnesota. Which is a small town sixty miles west of the Twin Cities. All of my life i've lived on a dairy farm. Everyday I would go outside and help my dad milk and feed the cows in the morning and night. It's alot differnt lifestyle from the cities. I also compete on the wrestling team for the University of Minnesota.

Do you feel safe at your school?

Are you involved in any extra curricular activities?

Are your parents involved alot with your school?

Do you have alot of pride in your school?

Posted by at at 12:14 PM

review groups

I really liked are review groups on wensday. The people in are group gave back alot of feedback. On personal level I couldn't say I was much help to our group. I didn't have my paper turned in on time for several ironic reasons. So I apologize to my group for being the least organized person. All the stories that I read were written very well, and were very interesting.

Posted by at at 7:15 PM

late blog

I'm pretty excited about starting this new essay. I think it's going to be very interesting and educational. Reasearching Lincoln school good be a big eye opener. I grew up in a small town and all my life I've had everything I've ever wanted. My town is real safe, has a strong community support, and is real sucluded. So, by researching lincoln school I hope I gain more knowledge, and more understanding on the lifestyle of the inner ciy schools.

Posted by at at 12:01 PM

Glencoe vs Lincoln

After doing some research on Lincoln school I realized there's a lot of differnces between Lincoln school and Glencoe Silver-Lake. I Think the biggest differnce would have to be that the majority of kids who go to Lincoln school are African American, and the majority of kids who go to Glencoe Silver-Lake are White. I can tell this is true by pulling up the Census, and looking at a teachers essay on the internet. This situation is a big deal because these African Americans are sort of stuck in these lower class communities. I believe there deprieved from a better education, and a better lifestyle. These kids are brought up in an environment where education might not be a number one issue. Going to a school where there is a lack of funding gives off the impression that people just don't care. The lack of funding comes back to how much the community can give back to the school with there taxes. When people of the community don't make much money it's hard to raise taxes, and believe that a family can still make it.

Posted by at at 11:39 AM

Glencoe vs Lincoln

Posted by at at 11:38 AM

Glencoe vs Lincoln

Posted by at at 11:38 AM

Anything

I liked how are revision groups went. There was alot of good feedback from everyone. It really helped out to have someone else critique one anothers papers. I personally felt that i'll have a much better paper becuase of these groups.
While going through each others papers we realized alot of similiar things we could work on. One was that we all needed to add more examples on why these people or things really helped us out in school. The other thing we needed to work on was using more vivid descriptions of the people or things we were talking about

Posted by at at 3:14 PM