In order to get into a playful mood I watched a couple of episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. After feeling that I had adequately yucked it up, I began work on my mind map.
First of all, I find it very interesting how often my mind eventually lands on poop. During the mind map, my mind may have wandered a bit too far away from the sinks/basin theme as I was coming up with things such as hair metal and the Mario dance. In case you don't know what the Mario dance is, hopefully this video remind you:
Using the mind map, I did find some ideas that I thought were interesting such as an adjustable height sink (I once lived in an apartment where the sink was about 6 inches too low, which is surprisingly annoying) and hidden drying racks to free up counter space.
In order to generate more ideas, I created an association map.
It was here that I was able to come up with some of my favorite silly ideas. I also found that cross products was helpful in coming up with silly ideas.
Here are my 10 favorite ideas:
1) Screaming food disposal - a must have for horror film fans!
2) DJ Drier - dish cloth that squeaks like a scratching record when drying a dish
3) Pinwheel sprayer - combination of the rinsing sprayer and a pin wheel that spins around when water is flowing
4) Dish Washing MP3 Player - Sensor embedded in the sink that can tell when it is filled water and will play music.
5) Whirlpool drain cover - when draining the liquid this forces the water to circulate around and create a whirlpool
6) Green Slimy Dish Soap - Dish soap that is real gross and gooey when coming out of the bottle
7) Flexible rubber sink - Not very silly but it would be used to prevent dishes from breaking if you drop them.
8) Sneezing sprayer - Sprayer is shaped like a face with the water coming out the nose. Each time you press the lever, it makes a sneezing noise.
9) Robot dish partner - after washing a dish you can hand it to this robotic arm that will rinse and place it on the drying rack for you.
10) Octopus squeeze sprayer - sprayer is an octopus that you can squeeze. The water comes out of the tentacles and they flail around while you are spraying.