« Multicultural Kickoff Schedule 2009 | Main | Commuter Student Information »

Frequently Asked Questions

MULTICULTURAL KICKOFF 2009
Frequently Asked Questions

• When will I find out my resident hall? Housing assignments will be sent to students in the middle of July.

• When can I move into my residence hall? For student registered to attend the Multicultural Kickoff, you will be able to move in on Tuesday September 1st, between 10:00am and 12 noon. There will be MCAE Ambassadors and Resident Hall Student Staff there to assist you. The Multicultural Kickoff begins at 1:00pm.

• How is the Multicultural Kickoff different from Welcome Week? Both programs are welcome events for all incoming students aimed at easing students' transition to the University of Minnesota. The Multicultural Kickoff is a free on-campus event that beings on September 1st and ends on Wednesday afternoon on September 2nd. The Multicultural Kickoff introduces participants to student organizations MCAE works closely with, to faculty of color teaching interesting courses, the academic and student support services provided by MCAE, and to student leadership opportunities. Welcome Week is a required event for all incoming freshman, it begins right after the Multicultural Kickoff ends and will conclude on September7th.

• Can I attend the Multicultural Kickoff and Welcome Week? Yes. There is no over lap in these two events.

• If I have my Freshman Orientation on August 31st and September 1st can I still attend the Multicultural Kickoff? Yes. When your Freshman Orientation concludes you will be able to check in at Willey Hall on the West Bank.