Duties/Responsibilities This position is responsible for facilitating the U of M's Student Employment Leadership Program (SELP) by coordinating central training and development efforts for student employees across campus. This position reports to the Program Coordinator in the Office for Student Engagement, under the Office for Student Affairs.
Specific tasks include:
- Work with the Program Coordinator and student employee supervisors to determine the central training needs for student employees across campus.
- Coordinate the logistics of training workshops sponsored by SELP including presenter support, room logistics, promotions, training materials and evaluations.
- Manage SELP newsletter process (may include writing and/or securing guest contributors) to communicate with supervisors and student employees about SELP training opportunities, existing training opportunities across campus and/or on the web and general training and development topics.
- Support the campus-wide integration of the Student Development Outcomes within student employee positions.
- Conduct training needs assessment of student employees and supervisors as needed.
- Keep participation data related to SELP and monitor student certification progress.
- Coordinate the Outstanding Student Employee Award process and SELP banquet (spring semester).
- Engage in marketing & promotions outreach for the SELP program.
- Other SELP or Office for Student Engagement duties as assigned.