STUDENTS! Make connections with Industry - Explore job opportunities - Showcase your latest project STUDENTS!
Be our guest, no cost to you!
You're invited to attend the National Fluid Power Association's (NFPA) Workforce Summit and the NSF's Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (CCEFP) Annual Conference, September 24-26, 2012 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This event will feature a variety of activities designed to bring students and industry together! CEO's, engineers, human resource professionals, marketing personnel and students should ALL plan to attend! Students will receive complimentary registration and a travel supplement (based on need) to attend the conference. First come, first served! Registration is open!
Criteria for student participation: You must either be an undergraduate student in engineering with expressed interest in fluid power technology OR a graduate student who is currently pursuing research in the area of fluid power, either of which should be reflected on your required resume submission (see below).
This event will feature a number of excellent opportunities for students including:
* Speed Meetings: Meet your future employer at mini-interviews.
* Resume Exchange: Distribute your resume to companies that are looking to hire.
* Elevator Pitch Competition: Present your own unique solutions to real world applications in a competitive format. Earn cash!
* Poster Session and Competition: Showcase your latest project to leaders in the industry. Earn cash!
* Listen in on the latest fluid power research and technical showcase!
* Industry Networking Kiosks: Make connections with the CEO's, engineers, marketing and HR people you want to meet.
* Tour UIUC's premier fluid power laboratories and research facility which inspires corporate partnerships, technology innovation, student engagement and entrepreneurial support.
As part of your attendance, NFPA will arrange the hotel accommodations for registered students and will cover conference-related hotel costs for the nights of Monday and Tuesday, September 24 and 25. All students will be assigned a shared hotel room. In addition, NFPA will provide a travel reimbursement of up to $500 to students to cover actual costs incurred. (CCEFP students are exempt from this initiative, rather hotel accommodations and travel costs will be reimbursed through standard CCEFP procedures).
Meet your future employer! All students are invited to participate in the speed meetings and resume exchange! Resumes are required and must be submitted electronically to NFPA no later than Friday, August 24.
* Speed meetings and Resume exchange - Industry and students will meet one-on-one to explore employment, mentoring, and collaboration opportunities. Students are required to submit their resumes in advance; Industry will have an opportunity to recruit talented undergraduate and graduate students from within the CCEFP and NFPA academic network.
Make your mark and earn some cash! Students are also invited participate in the poster session competition and elevator pitch contest:
* Poster Session Competition - Advertise your work in fluid power during the Poster Session Competition. During the poster session, you will have the opportunity to meet with members of industry and academia and to share your work. The poster session is a time to demonstrate your knowledge in fluid power, as well as an opportunity to network. All students are invited to submit an abstract and present a poster. The competition is for first, second and third place prizes. The winners will be selected by a panel of industry judges. To participate in the poster competition, click here to submit your abstract no later than Friday, August 24.
* Elevator Pitch Contest - Students are invited to participate in an "Elevator Pitch" Competition to present a real-world problem with a real-world solution and impact. An "elevator pitch" is a short summary used to quickly and simply define a product, service, or organization and its value proposition. The competition will include a pre-qualifying submission process, and the top three elevator pitches, selected by a panel of industry judges, will be invited to give their presentations during the Monday night networking dinner. To participate in the elevator pitch competition, click here to submit your project no later than Friday, August 24.