more campus posters

Here are a few more posters I've done for groups around campus. The day after the astronomy club posters were hung, two friends came into the Tweed talking about it and sat next to me. The female friend was laughing because she kept reading the poster as "as. tronomy." two words. I confessed to making the poster. Then I told her I made the "get publis hed" poster too. She asked if I'd taken a typography course. Ergh.

astronomy club poster

Bad typography aside, I made this as a followup poster for the Literary Guild. I hoped to achieve something bold and actually legible. The struggle continues. As a bonus, I finally discovered the "live trace" function in Illustrator CS2, and my life may never be the same again.

literary guild submit

more self-serving vainglorious attempts at design renown

I made the poster for this semester's second and third Student Design Organization meeting. It's a sequel to my poster last semester titled "how to graphically design a graphic design major" based on "how to draw a bunny." Someone took offense that I drew a boy instead of a girl. Hopefully now they'll take offence at how poorly I draw girls.

xgirlposter.gif

As vice president of the Honors Student Association, and resident graphic designer, I was elected (or did I volunteer?) to work on a website, logos, and flyers. We are suffering from dismally low attendence, and I am not sure how a poster with chairs will fix that. It's a high concept piece. Deal.

hons.gif

If you're curious, the HSA blog is pretty happening.

Roaring Muse Call for Entries

This is a good week for me. I have four different posters up around campus, including the UMD Literary Guild Roaring Muse call for entries poster. I made this entirely by hand using collage, typewriter, and a label maker. It was a good time even if "get publis hed" sounds really odd.

litguild.jpg