Sony announces a load of new HDV gear | Main | This is why electronic image stabilization is not a good choice

Amazon Kindle - My Ugly Beautiful Girl

Please note, this blog has been archived and now lives at www.discretecosine.com

(points to those that get the title reference)

So the Amazon Kindle is official, and it's pretty amazing. Take a Sony Reader, throw in an EV-DO wireless radio and some text input, then pair it up with the big name in bookselling, ugly it up a bit, and you've got the Kindle.

Images G 01 Digital Fiona Dp V3-Whispernet. V4948240

Amazon's product page is live now, with videos and plenty of pictures. Being able to subscribe a newpaper and have it wirelessly pushed to your ebook reader, anywhere in the country, is relatively tempting. Did it have to look like it came from 1982 though?

In all, I think it's a great entry in the ebook field. It certainly surpasses my Reader in many areas, and it's damn tempting to order one right now. Here's hoping Sony kicks the Connect Store into gear - as per usual, Sony has great hardware being let down by terrible software. Perhaps this will motivate them to change that.

Posted by at November 19, 2007 8:45 AM

This device is going to change the lives of most students who can afford it and change the way lecturers recommended books are refered!

Posted by: thomas at November 19, 2007 9:26 AM