Group Alcohol Survey

113Alcohol Survey
#won

1. What is your age?
Codes
17-18 1
19-20 2
21-22 3
23-24 4
25 and Older 5

2. In the past month, how many times have you consumed a drink containing Alcohol?
Codes
None 1
1-3 2
4-6 3
7-9 4
10 or more 5

3. In a typical week, how many times do you consume alcohol?
Codes
Never 1
1-2 Days 2
3-4 Days 3
5-6 Days 4
7 Days 5

4. When you drink, how many alcoholic drinks do you typically consume?
Codes
Zero 1
1-2 2
3-4 3
5-6 4
7 or more 5

5. Have your drinking habits increased since the start of your freshman year?
Codes
I am a Freshman 1
Increased 2
Decreased 3
Stayed the Same 4

6. How much do you enjoy consuming alcohol?
Codes
Very Much Enjoy 1
Somewhat enjoy 2
Neither Enjoy or Dislike 3
Somewhat Dislike 4
Very Much Dislike 5

7. Are you inclined to drink more in social situations?
Codes
Yes 1
Sometimes 2
Ambivalent 3
No 4

8. Do you feel pressured by your friends to drink alcohol?
Codes
Strongly Disagree 1
Somewhat Disagree 2
Neutral 3
Somewhat agree 4
Strongly Agree 5

9. Do you feel as though there is a drinking problem at the University?
Codes
Yes 1
No 2

Above is my group's attempt to create a survey that would study the drinking habits of college students. We used a snowball method to procure responses for the survey by telling our friends to take it and posting it on Facebook and asking people to take and share it. In the end, we garnered more than 100 responses, which was much more than was required.
In class we used the online statistical analysis program Statwing to analyze the data collected from our survey. We also attempted to communicate some of our findings visually. While I doing so, I noticed that our questions could have been revised a bit more to get more specific and helpful results. It worked well enough as a general survey, but it would be interesting to write and conduct a survey that delved into more specifics.

Digital Analytics

My first entry will discuss an online ad I have been finding practically unavoidable whenever I watch a youtube video or anything of that sort. The ad is for Axe body wash, and it simultaneously promotes the release of the video game Halo 4, as well as the video game console XBox 360.
After learning about digital analytics from the speaker from Carmichael Lynch, I was interested in how my cookies may have an effect on what advertisements are shown to me. I found it funny that Axe would have such a heavy percentage of the online ads I am forced to view, since I have previously viewed a large number of Old Spice body wash ads on youtube, due in part to myself being brand loyal to Old Spice, as well as the ads themselves being hilarious. I also have never owned an XBox, or any video console for that matter, and I've only played older Halo games at a friend's house a long while ago.
Again, I am curious as to why this ad has been played for me so very often when I can't remember anything in my video search history that would seem as though I would be interested in such an ad. In fact, due to the Old Spice ads I have watched, it might seem I would be more likely to react negatively towards an advertisement for Axe. It may be that my history makes me a target if Axe is attempting to sway my brand loyalty with a chance to win an XBox (which would be appealing to many in my demographic). Or it may just be that a lot of money was paid by Axe and Microsoft to promote their products regardless of my history.