« Evan Initial Sketches | Main | Jonathan Initial Sketches »

Evan Name Sketches

RelativeResourceManager.jpg

The middle one has a feeling of being rushed, written to fast, as if no time was taken into designing it. Is that how you design?
The other two look as if you spent more time on them. I feel that the top one has more of a potential of working. But why all caps? You have these huge bold caps, it may be to strong. It seems very loud like you are shouting your name. The type you have drawn works good with the black rectangle. I think the the slab serif 'I' stands out, does not work with the other san-serif letters.
to be cont.

The more I look at the 'I' the more it stands out from the reat of the name. The other sketch that you had of this idea I think works better. Where you have the 'M' in a black box and the other letters outside it. Try to play with that idea more if you want.

The bottom one to me seems too delicate for your personality. it also feels very feminine. I do not this fits you as a desinger. Also try and see how it would look without the dot on top of the 'i', it is lost and does not relate to anything else.

The M in the top one is very strong. The shape and position of the M within the box creates interesting negative shapes. I would like to see you explore that more. The rest of your name does not work.

The top one perhap the strongest. Using contrast between dark and light is good, I also argree the thick stroke of type and all cap seem like you shouting your name. If you still want to use all cap then you may woking more on strokes and relation between upper cap 'M' and the rest of lower cap; My sugguest try to combine both uppercase for M and lowercase the rest to see how it work.

The first one is creative than other it has that nice contrast and negative space and the text are bold and stands out more. The M is creative, it touched the top, bottom and goes off the left edge. You perhap should work on the first one.

I think the first sketch will work the best. I like how you are using the letters to go outside of the square, with that, making a larger shape. maybe push that idea. Right now it looks like a name tag on a gas station attendant. the negative space creates interesting shapes. The all caps will definitely work well with the letters of you name. good job.