« Informaworld Scheduled Downtime | Main | Disappearance of FindIt and Publisher links in PubMed »

Write-N-Cite with Macs

Apologies to those of you who have seen this. Jon Jeffryes posted a heads up to the AP listserv this morning about a Write-N-Cite/Mac glitch that I thought was worth passing along....

Emily
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is old news to users, but I've been working closely with RefWorks for a couple years now and I thought this issue had been resolved...so just a heads up in case the question comes your way.

Write-N-Cite with Macs is still only compatible with .doc file types. .docx files cause Write-N-Cite to error out. I was working with a patron that was getting quite a headache over this and we eventually contacted RefWorks support.

RefWorks is working on a fix...but until then Mac users that have the newest version of Word should probably be advised to save their documents as .doc before formatting the final document in Write-n-Cite.

This issue *does not* occur with PCs.

Best,
Jon