FYI - info from Meghan Lafferty about the web version of SciFinder. The registration steps are also on the website where people link to SciFinder.
The web version of SciFinder Scholar is now available, and access via the client software will end in late 2010. Until we move completely to the web, our 17 seats will be split between the web and software versions. I am monitoring how many people are turned away each day and changing the allocation as needed. Keep in mind that weekday afternoons are the busiest times. The web version still requires you to use VPN off-campus.
- You need to register to use it.
- Log in to https://www.lib.umn.edu/user/x500.
- Click on http://www.lib.umn.edu/get/16109 (or paste it into the address bar in your browser).
- If you come to an Access Denied page, click on the "Please login..." link.
- Use your umn.edu e-mail address when filling out the registration form, .
- Because only current University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff are permitted to use SciFinder Scholar, please do not share registration/log-in information.
Please share this with your departments (where relevant). Let me know if you have additional questions.
Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Librarian
Science & Engineering Library
University of Minnesota
108 Walter Library
117 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis MN 55455
IM (AIM, GTalk, MSN, Y!): umchemlib