Direct Export from EBSCOHost DB's to RW not Working
All EBSCOhost databases are currently not able to direct export into RefWorks at this time. This is problem on RW's end and they know about it and are working on a fix. They expect this to be resolved sometime on Friday.
In the interim, users can still save citations in these databases and then export out to a .txt file and then import into RW.
Here are the steps you can email/tell users:
To Manually Save and Export Records:
1. Conduct a search.
2. Click on the Add to folder icon for each of the results you want to save.
3. Click on the Folder icon in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Re-select the references to export.
5. Click on the Export icon.
6. Click the radio button in front of Generic bibliographic management software.
Note: Uncheck the Remove these items from folder after saving option, if you want items to remain in the folder after performing the export function.
7. Click Save.
8. From the File menu select Save As.
9. Select the location where you want to save the file, type the name you want and select Text as the Save As Type.
10. Log in to RefWorks.
11. Select References/Import from the toolbar.
12. Select EBSCOhost as the data source and the appropriate database you searched from.
13. Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
14. Click Import.
15. Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.