Prevent Thunderbird from displaying text attachments inline
Hi all -
Judy and Lisa have both experienced problems with Thunderbird displaying text attachments inline, so I thought I'd post instructions for preventing it.
- Open the Thunderbird Preferences (this is under "Preferences" in the Edit menu, or "Options" in the Tools menu, depending on your OS).
- Go to the Advanced section > General tab.
- Click the Config Editor button.
- Enter mail.content_disposition_type in the filter box.
- Double-click the only item in the list, and enter 2 as its value (instead of the 0 it displays).
- Close the Config Editor with the [x], and close the Preferences with [OK].
- This should fix the problem. Thunderbird will still display attachments like picture inline when mail.content_disposition_type is set to 2. Change it to 1 if you prefer pictures also to be sent as attachments.
I tried testing this, and by golly, it works!