« Review of E-Reader Models from Consumer Reports | Main | Find E-books Fast! New HSL E-books Search Box »

SciFinder news to share with depts: new site.prf + end to access via software approaching

Repost from the Science Librarians List....

*******

Hi everyone,

This is a heads up that a new site.prf file will be distributed for off-campus access to the client software for security reasons related to recent unauthorized access to U of M user accounts. Within the next couple of days, when you open SciFinder off campus, you will see a message (http://sciweb.lib.umn.edu/chem/SFSCredentialsMsg.jpg) with instructions on getting the new file. An automated system issues the new file, and you should receive it immediately after emailing the address in the message. (The address shown is for Windows; there is a different one for Macs.)

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that access to SciFinder via the client software will be phased out around the end of this year and only web access will be available. I don't yet have a firm date from CAS, but I will let you know when I do.

Let me know if you have questions!
Meghan

--
Meghan Lafferty
Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Librarian
Science & Engineering Library
University of Minnesota
108 Walter Library
117 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis MN 55455
Tel.: 612-624-9399
FAX: 612-625-5583
E-mail: mlaffert@umn.edu
IM (AIM, GTalk, MSN, Y!): umchemlib