« Little mistake there... | Main | STAT!Ref Online Medical Database-NEW User Interface »

Update on Ovid display problems

HI everyone - here's the latest update with the ongoing saga of a small subset of people experiencing consistent problems with the Ovid search display when connecting from off campus. Shane has been working on this maddening problem by tweaking proxy settings, and may have made some headway. After the latest tweak, our test user can now see Ovid correctly in IE. It still doesn't work correctly in Firefox or Chrome, but this is the first time we have a (possible) workaround to offer people.

Since this isn't a problem we can replicate on any of our computers, we're relying on the users with the problems to test for us (which is why this is taking sooooo loooooong). I sent out an email to the list of users I knew of with problems asking them to test it in their different browsers and let me know what's happening, but I haven't heard back from any yet. So, I have no idea if this is a real fix, but if you get the question, have the user try it in IE.

Also, please grab their name and email address and send it to me so I can add it to the list of people with known problems. If you're in a conversation with them and can do so, find out the other browsers/versions they're using and if Ovid works in those. Otherwise, I'll email them afterward and get that info.

This problem is still flummoxing our IT folks, but if we have a workaround (IE) and we can gather browser data, then that's definite progress.

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks!
Liz