« Ovid search display problems resolved! Yahooooo! | Main | NEJM.org Site Maintenance Saturday, September 10, 2011 »

Web Version of SciFinder Still Requires Use of VPN

Hi everyone,

I realized last week that many of you might not be aware that the web version of SciFinder, which requires users to create an account, still requires them to be within a campus IP range for access. If someone is off campus, they will still need to log in to VPN .

On a related note, accounts created at other schools will not work within our IP range; new users must create a University of Minnesota account. This is especially relevant since we are about to get a lot of new grad students who probably set up SciFinder accounts at their former institutions. I will convey this to new Chemistry and Chemical Engineering and Materials Science students, but many other scientists and engineers use it so I wanted other liaisons and reference desks to be aware of this. I will make note of this in the LibData record for SciFinder, but few people read that information.

Let me know if you have questions!

Meghan Lafferty