On occasion, patrons may approach library staff because they're unable to log onto a public workstation. If their error message says, "You may only use one computer at a time," this means they have a locked account -- CybraryN thinks they are still logged in somewhere.
This might occur with a guest or a patron with a regular Active Directory account (i.e. student/staff/faculty).
To release a locked account:
1. Open CybraryNet from the desktop
2. Select Patrons from the Functions drop-down menu
3. In the dialogue box that appears, if the patron is:
a. A guest:
i. Leave the radio button set to Barcode under Search
ii. Scan in the guest's barcode
i. Select the radio button for Internet ID under Search
ii. Enter the patron's X.500 ID
4. One or more IDs will appear in the search box. Select the correct account
5. In the info box below, the Login Status for a locked account will say True -- this means CybraryN thinks they're still logged in somewhere. Click Reset Status to return it to False -- meaning they are not logged into CybraryN. This will release the locked account and allow the patron to log in on any public workstation.
If you have any questions, please let me know.