« Choir Concert Observation | Main | May 2 - Wide Missouri »

May 9 - Britten

It was abundantly clear to me that I was stuck in my head last Friday. Watching my tape, my face is buried in the score and even when I look out, my eyes are disengaged. Next week, I'd like to see more "in the moment" conducting. I think this will not only help my involvement with the singers, but also keep my tempo controlled and my rebound more relaxed. Even when Matt demonstrated the more controlled rebound, mine was substantially faster. This type of beat may work sometimes, but throughout this entire section. The faster rebound also makes the triple beats look faster than the duples.

I did try a new pattern for the "dance" part. I think there was a melding of my triples and duples the first time through where I got off. I thought it worked well the second time and people were able to follow no problem. I feel more comfortable doing this as the music is written this way. I like Matt's creativity in rearranging the barlines, but it makes the music sound different to my ear. Perhaps this is not how Britten would have wanted it. Of course, it's a great conducting exercise and a wonderful tool to have, but I think I'll stick with the page for now.

I'm very happy I had this recording to look at. It showed me that much of what I thought I was doing clearly could be improved upon.

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I actually appreciated that part, but hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He always tells me loopy stories back in the day and calls me a loser. I guess it's time I transfer out of my dad and mom' basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad assume xD" Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

Effectively, this is my very first go to for your weblog! We're a gaggle of volunteers and beginning a model new initiative in a community inside the same niche. Your weblog provided us useful information to work on. You've got carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

Took me time to read all of the feedback, but I really loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters right here! It's always good when you can not solely be informed, but in addition engaged! I'm positive you had pleasure penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.