Peer Editing | Main | Interview

"The Things We Carried" by Danielle Williams

The style is very simple. Small sentences without very many run-ons. It starts off with her describing how she thought that how easy she thought English class was going to be for her, but she quickly found out that it was hard due the poor grades she was getting. She then goes out to describe certain events where she was challenged and had struggled. The thing that sticks out is that her teacher was a tough one who was "the type who wanted to follow every rule exactly and precisely". Because I too have had teachers who have been quite strict and wouldnt let up one bit. But through that, you can overcome their challenges and gain mutual respect for one another. As she did with hers. All in all I thought that this ok paper.

Posted by at September 22, 2005 3:05 PM

I think i was the only other person who used this example and i totally agree with your thoughts on this paper. It was a very sketchy paper and i thought that it needed more detailed information in many areas. If it would have been more detailed i think that it would help the reader be able to visualize everything.

Posted by: Heidi Carls at September 22, 2005 3:13 PM