October 2005 | Main | December 2005

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving I went over to my Uncle’s house in Apple Valley. I spent time with many family members that I hadn't seen in a couple of months since I moved out into my apartment and began college. It was fun, and I ate until I basically dropped. Afterwards, I went to my mom's house with my cousins and spent the night watching movies. We watched Hotel Rwanda, which I highly reccommend, and The Longest Yard, which was pretty funny. All in all, I really enjoyed thanksgiving break because not only did it give me a break from school work, but gave me time to spend quality time with family over a great meal.

Posted by at 2:44 PM

Favorite Class

One of classes that I am taking this semester is General Psychology. I find this class pretty interesting. In this class, although there is a lot of work, and difficult tests, its fun becuase you are learning about we do certain things that we do without even thinking about it. It gives you a better understanding of the humna mind. I dont think that I want to be a psych major or anything, but I'm glad that I decided to take this class. I recommend taking psychology in high school either in your junior or senior year.

Posted by at 2:54 PM

Good Student Tips

One thing I try not to do is procrastinate. If you put off your assignments until the night before they are due, it makes it harder and more stressful to complete it.
It is important to attend class as much as possible. It is hard to know what the teacher expects from you on certain assignments if you are not present when they teacher gives out directions.
When it comes to studying for a big test, I try doing a little bit of studying, spread out over a couple of days instead of cramming and studying for 3-4 hours the night before the test. I find it easier to study for about 30-45 mins. a couple times throughout the week.

Posted by at 3:05 PM

I'm 18
I went to Minnehaha Academy, in South Minneapolis
I'm a guy.

Posted by at 2:48 PM