Week 8

The purpose of this kiosk is to create a visually appealing poster that is functional and adds an architectural element to the front of the store. It will be a poster that is interactive showing featured sale items along with maps to the items, prices and other featured items within the department. We are hoping to draw more shoppers in to the areas they would not typically go by showing them what that department has to offer.

Week 7

Duluth city council is discussing limiting digital billboards. Should digital billboards be regulated?

What is included in digital billboards? When i think of digital billboard I think of the one up on Central Entrance. I think that it might be a good idea because of their distractive nature. I think still traditional billboards are fine because they are always the same. If you drive by you can glance up at it and then look back to the road. I feel that some digital billboards will cause people to focus more on the board then the road. Drivers may sit and stare at the board to see if it is going to change over to reveal something else.

At the same time I think they are more attractive than the traditional flat billboards and they react more within certain settings.

Week 6

What is a good font for web / interactive design?

Almost anything san serif

What ever you think is going to work. What do you like? what do you want to accomplish?

Week 5

The Kiosk at the Walker is one of the only interactive elements that I have seem to run into. I think that the interaction between the viewer and the device is incredible. From what I remember you do not touch the screen but you put your hand over the top and can act as though you are picking people up. I enjoyed the fact that they were all walking around and not stationary. I would like to find out how it works.

I do not remember any other interactive kiosk's other that the one's at target for wedding and baby shower gift registry. They are ok in design but seem to lack overall apeal.

wow

Percepive Pixle's demo is amazing!

Week 3

Oh Second Life......
I think that the possibilities that a virtual 3d internet offer is amazing. In one aspect I feel that it can offer a world of discovery and possibilities that many people regularly would not get a chance to experience. Such Ideas as virtual museums and classrooms allow individuals to have those experiences when they may not be able to. At the same time I feel as though it also allows for a lot of bad experiences as well. I think that in a world of pure imagination and endless possibilities you are going to encounter individuals who want to use it for negative reasons. Their could be people who create their own digital fantasies that children could come across.

Week 2

The weapon of choice was nintendo DS light.
the game was Super Mario Bros.

mariods.jpg

Continue reading "Week 2" »

photo

random3.JPG

It Worked! Finally

Week 1

1. What is interactive design?
- To me interactive design is the understanding and creating of visual elements that create or encourage interaction. This could include everything for cell phone graphics to the way in which we use and interact with gaming systems.

2. What do you want to learn in this course?
- I would like to better understand the way that design is used in our everyday lives as a means of mass communication. Also, I would like to understand the process behind creating a web page, flash designs, interactive tools and all the bells and whistles.

3. What applications / programming languages do you know or want to learn?
- I’m going to be completely honest and say that I know very little when it comes to programming and languages. BUT!! I would like to learn everything that I possibly can.

Web Terms

brief
Familiarize yourself with some Internet and Web terminology. In an online dictionary of Internet/Web terminology, look for the meaning of the words listed below.

objectives
• To become familiar with the concept of the Internet and the Web.
• To gain basic knowledge of the configuration of the Internet network and the way it supports information.
procedureIn an online Internet/Web dictionary, look for the meaning of the following words.

Continue reading "Web Terms" »