Chapter 9 Intelligence and IQ Testing

One of the things I found interesting in Chapter 9 was how IQ tests have changed the Psychology world since they were developed. So much so that the American Academy for the Advancement of Science listed the IQ test in the top 20 of greatest scientific achievements in the twentieth century. The IQ tests have become so popular that they have even spread into preschools. If you would like, you could have your child take the WPPSI test, pronounced WHIP-see. The reason I find all of this interesting is because it amazes me that we have reached a point in science where we are able to evaluate a persons intelligence. Imagine if we could do that for other things such as put a number on how exactly athletic someone is or how caring one person is compared to another. I think I would agree that IQ tests are one of the biggest scientific achievements of all time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xtJxf75ME