The Fascinating Brain

The brain is probably the most complicated part of our body. It is our brain that makes our entire body function and is the machine causing all of our decisions and actions. However, what many people may not know is that the actions and decisions we make are constructed in different regions of the brain. And not all parts of the brain are working at the same time. For different types of activities people do, different parts of the brain are stimulated. Take listening to music for example, listening to inspiring music leads to more activity in the amygdala and other limbic regions of the brain then anywhere else.
brain%20hemispheres.jpg
This is not the only time that the brain works in mysterious ways. Contrary to what one might think, the right side of the body is controlled by the left side of the brain and the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain. Interesting to think that when I close my left eye, the image I see with my right eye is actually being seen in the left side of my brain. These split hemispheres also can work amazing miracles. There have been multiple cases of accidents were one of the brain's hemispheres has been destroyed, yet the individual has been able to continue to survive through the other hemisphere of the brain. For an example of this here is a video about a little girl named Cameron who is surviving with only half a brain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_yK7eYr38
As you can see the brain is one of, if not the most, extraordinary parts of the body. It is the key to our decision making and actions and it has fascinating ways of working.