« Suspect arrested in murder of Arkansas TV anchorwoman | Main | Icelanders protest banks »

Craigslist babysitter admits child pornography use

The Star Tribune reported the 23-year-old Little Canada man pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court in Minneapolis.
The woman who hired the babysitter, Andrea Bang of St. Paul, said she interviewed him and watched him care for her children twice in her home before hiring him (KARE-11).
"I really never saw any red flags at all," Bang said (KARE-11).
The babysitter, Aaron Jay Lemon, was charged Aug. 5; the incident took place in August 2007 in St. Paul (Star Tribune). Lemon pleaded guilty to making a pornographic video of a two-year-old girl for whom he was babysitting; that incident happened about a month before Bang hired Lemon to watch her kids (KARE-11).
"I just feel horribly sick that I put my kids in a position that they could have been harmed," Bang said (KARE-11).
Lemon could face a maximum of 30 years in prison (Star Tribune). Bang said her daughter does not remember anything bad happening when Lemon babysat, but Bang wants police to check to see if Lemon has any inappropriate videos or photos or her children (KARE-11).
This is the second time a crime has been linked to Craigslist and babysitting. Katherine Ann Olson, 24, was killed in October 2007 after she answered a Craigslist ad for a babysitter. Michael John Anderson, 20, of Savage, is scheduled to stand trial in her death sometime next year (Star Tribune).