Libraries orientations, guest lectures, web pages for fall classes

If you are working with new students or staff starting at the U, or planning a fall course which includes a writing or research paper component, the Libraries offer a number of services which may be of interest. For new students or staff members, we're always available to provide an overview orientation to U Libraries services and systems. Similarly, we can offer basic orientations to particular classes as they start to use the library for their coursework or research. Beyond that, I speak to various classes on topics such as crafting a good research paper, how to select high quality information sources on the web, keeping organized while conducting literature research, and more.

Additionally, if there is a set of articles, books, journals, web sites, or other resources which you'll use in your class, the Libraries can prepare a CourseLib web page to help provide access and maintain links to these materials.

Drop me a line if you're interested in having me or a colleague in the Libraries speak to your class or put together a web page for your class. We're happy to work with you to suit your needs.

Posted by Kevin Messner at July 11, 2006 8:43 AM