Hope Lodge, wk 2

On Wednesday, I went to the Hope Lodge for my second week of volunteering. Once again I was the only volunteer, so I was assigned to the front desk, but this week was really fun for a couple of reasons. The first reason was that I got to see a couple return from the hospital and the wife had just been told she can go home for the first time in 4 months!! The look on both their faces was extremely touching, as going home is something I take for granted, but the news that they could return had just made this couples week. The other reason was that I got to be in-charge of placing pins into the map at the Lodge where they keep track of how far people have traveled to stay there; this map was filled with pins, with places as far away as CA, which I was somewhat stunned by, but also very impressed as I did not realize that the medical care in MN was good enough to draw people in from other states.

This page contains a single entry by carve058 published on February 25, 2010 3:08 PM.

Passion for Volunteering was the previous entry in this blog.

Volunteering at Fairview - Week 4 is the next entry in this blog.