Further Art in Nature

I was immediately reminded of this video/article I stumbled upon recently when I looked at Emi's post. This artist, Michael Grab, creates art through nature by balancing rocks into ridiculous formations that seem impossible. His website/business is called Gravity Glue, so he views gravity as glue to hold the rocks together. If you read the article it's interesting to hear him describe how he feels inherently connected to the rocks he's working with. It's as if he can just feel them and the flat tiny spaces that allow him to balance rocks on top of others. The video is a little slow-going, but I think it's really interesting if you have a few minutes to watch. I had never heard of this kind of art before I discovered this article. Enjoy! :) http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2013/01/04/168612594/a-very-very-very-delicate-balance

Thanks for sharing the info about Gravity Glue. It seems like both artists, Andy Goldsworthy and Michael Grab, experience a sort of meditation when they are creating their pieces. I imagine the experience forces the artist to really step outside of themselves and become "one" with their surroundings. After reading your post, I spent a good half hour watching his videos and looking at photos of his art!

I love the impermanence of this kind of art.

"Thanks to impermanence, everything is possible" -Thich Nhat Hahn

Hahn, Thich Nhat. (2000). The Heart of Understanding: Commentaries on the Prajñaparamita Heart Sutra. p.15. Berkley, CA: Parallex Press.