Continuing Education Credits for Wilderness Therapy Symposium

A Wilderness Therapy Symposium will take place in Boulder, Colorado September 5th-7th, 2013. Like any health-related gathering there will be a keynote speaker, presentations, workshops and opportunities for industry networking. But unlike other health-related gatherings, this one will have many off-site workshops in the wilderness where practices and ideas are actually tested in person.

One of the things I was surprised to learn is that continuing education credit is available for many different health professionals who choose to attend the symposium including psychologists, counselors, social workers, and nurses from numerous states across the U.S.

This looks like an amazing opportunity for health professionals to gain more first hand experience in Wilderness Therapy practices!

http://obhic.com/symposium.html

wtr_mnt.png

This sounds really interesting and amazing! I work as an RN so the CEU's would be great but it would be also really neat to see first hand how WT is implemented and the effects. Hopefully a more hands on approach and actual experience would really give participants something substantial to take home and incorporate in their work and/or personal life. I have tossed around the idea of someday starting some sort of mindfulness in nature therapy program so this is something I think I will look into attending! Thanks for sharing.

Naropa University, which is located in Boulder offers accredited master degrees in Ecopsychology and Wilderness Therapy. This sounds like a wonderful symposium. I hope you guys get to go!

This sounds like it would be very cool! Although I will not be able to make it there, I have a couple of friends who are nurses in Colorado that would likely be interested in this. I'll definitely pass along the information to them! And maybe, I can attend something like this when I'm finally done with school and I can more easily schedule time away. :)