Masanobu Fukuoka

As I was looking for something to post about this week I came across an advocacy website for care farming. I think the website does a good job of putting into laymen's terms what care farming is and what the benefits are. From this website I found Wildgoose Training Centre. Wildgoose Rural Training is actually where the Care Farming Advocacy website is based off of. It surprised me how many programs this organization offers involving care farming. They work with people of all ages and work with everything from social services to schools. I think this would be a good website to visit for those wanting to learn more about what other programs involve care farming.

Also, I found this quote on the first website that I think fits in with our class and this topic well "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings." -Masanobu Fukuoka. This man is a pioneer for natural farming and if I reviewed the website correctly I believe he is what partially inspired the founders of the program.

I really like your quote by Fukuoka! "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings." Love it. I just finished reading World on the Edge, by Lester R. Brown, and while I am totally depressed by the book, there was a section about promoting the use of sections of suburban lawns for small farms, producing produce for local consumption, to offset the cost etc of shipping food. Reading the book, I experienced all kinds of anxiety, and when I read your entry, I thought that might be an additional advantage of promoting small farms next to houses - it wouldn't be quite the full-scale farming promoted by some of the programs, but it might help us all feel better about all of this terrifying environmental concerns if we were to address them in a way that was also beneficial to our individual mental and emotional health.