Recently in Library Information Category

Nature & Libraries

I just thought I would share a few thoughts on libraries and nature. One of my dreams at Magrath Library is to offer a tool library. Just down the street is the St. Paul Graduate and Family Cooperative Housing, and many of the residents have small garden plots. It would be wonderful if we had a few boxes of shovels, trowels, and other tools for them to check out and use in their gardens. This is an idea I have right now to help bridge nature and libraries.

toollibrary.png

NPR did a fantastic story on a small public library which is starting an informal seed bank. Another public library created an extensive nature explorium.

We have a wonderful Andersen Horticultural Library at the UMN Arboretum. I do hope you will visit the collection, which has amazing botanical prints, one of the largest collections of seed catalogs in the United States, and many more treasures, including the amazing array of Nakashima furniture.

Introduction to Blogging Test Post

This is my first blog post. Magrath Library brought in animal-assisted interactions during finals. The End.

Partners included:

• CSPH

• Arboretum

• WCCO

biophilia.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Library Information category.

Introduction to NBT is the previous category.

Therapeutic Horticulture is the next category.

Subscribe to Blog

Powered by MT-Notifier